Probably! Although it’s rare, Texas Family Code Chapter 232.004a does allow a private individual such as a CP to file papers with the court requesting a judge to suspend an NCP’s license, such as a drivers license, when that NCP owes 3 or more months of back child support.

The above is for informational purposes only and does not constitute legal advice nor does it create an attorney-client relationship between the writer and reader. It is prudent to speak with an attorney before making any major legal decision.

Mac Pierre-Louis, an attorney at The Law Office of Pierre-Louis & Carr, PLLC based in Houston, TX, writes about child support law issues. He is bar licensed only in the states of Texas and Florida.